Thursday, March 15, 2007

From morning prayers....

"Teach me to treat all that comes to me throughout the day with peace of soul, and with the firm conviction that Your will governs all. In what I do and say guide my thoughts and feelings. In unexpected events, do not let me forget that all things are sent by You. Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without making others bitter or embarrassing them."

I am especially struck by the last bit as I consider my life:
"Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without making others bitter or embarrassing them."
Lord teach me and make me open to Your teaching today.
Amen

3 comments:

Kassianni said...

"Teach me to treat all that comes to me throughout the day with peace of soul, and with the firm conviction that all is sent by you"
(this is how our prayer book reads it.)
It's a good prayer to start the day with ,eh?

LifeSpark said...

Yep. I don't always do so but I would like to be more faithful in such habits. It would be wonderful to have something like that running around in your head/heart instead of the usual grocery-list of unimportances and vanities.

Stacy said...

"Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without making others bitter or embarrassing them."

Oh... as one who is "over" a lot of other people, this is the bane of my existence. It makes me often wish I could just take a job stocking shelves somewhere or digging a ditch.

Pray that for me too.