Thursday, March 01, 2007

Autumn


More recycling...
I've not posted this before but I wrote it years ago...

Moments, leaved together fade to end autumn
September's slash of cold rain
Baked in cool dry furnace of
October brilliance.

Must,
sharpened to sweet by Chill.
Green,
fired to red, orange, Yellow.

Time's kiln releases
sweet ferment of
Life into memory.

Leavening leave-taking
drenches mind's palate
with warmth of slow lightning.

Arc refracts
through lens
of winter's seeming flood.

Earth-bread and Sun-wine
sweet, aching ferment of
life rushing torrentially
into the one cup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember your poem vividly and had it written down in my own poem book, along with your "God-man", before I lost it. Thanks for posting it. I'm not a blogger, nor do I wish to be, but on this occasion, I will venture forth. Ironically so, given the obtrusive anonymity.
Fred-with-bread-in-my-head