Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My house is empty

Kids are gone back to Thunder Bay now. Monday was a long march of airports and waiting and tiredness all round. Left my place at 5am and got back home at 1030 pm. Andrew arrived back home with Marta last night so it was a pleasant, busy evening. Tonight I'm home alone and fully conscious for the first time since they left.
I think there is something I need to do with the loneliness I experience in their absence. It must be offered up but I don't quite know how.

My Lord I do not know how you reached out
and placed Your blessed hands upon the cross
Yet You did so and instructed me to follow.

Show me how
to offer up this suffering
that it be not an occasion for sin
but filled with Your purpose

Let my wounds, however small
be conformed to Yours

No comments: