Monday, January 15, 2007

How far to Jericho?

1 cubit to Jericho
This way so little traveled,
All aclutter with passions yet unformed by Mercy's tender fire.
Quagmire of sloth
Unbridged, undrained - breeding ground of temptations and distractions.
Ambushed by demons - I lie bleeding and broken.
Oh! Who shall deliver me from this body of death?
My own flesh and blood have passed me by,
Princes and sons of men in whom there is no salvation.
Who then shall be my help?
Here comes one I have long despised - come to finish me?
His stride is firm with resolve, Yet not with arrow's cruel purpose
Wielding the Sun He heals my eyes
Wielding the Moon he calms the passions
With Holy Mercy He sears my wounds
His Broken Flesh touches me and He disappears into my Heart.
I follow and find myself in Jericho.
walls of selfishness - fallen

No comments: