Wednesday, December 27, 2006

"I can't get used to my body's limits"

Amazing music by Brett Dennen, thanks to SimplyVictoria for introducing me to his music via her blog .
The last few days I've been thinking about this particular line: "I can't get used to my body's limits" from the title track of the album "There is so much more".

My children are here for the holidays and the first night my son stayed with me, the 23rd, we went to the children's hospital to deal with what turned out to be a double ear infection (poor little bug!)We were there from 630 till midnight before seeing a doctor. He's on the mend now but that visit to the hospital took the stuffing out of both of us. I was anxious about my son and already tired from a long slog at work leading up to the holidays etc.

Today my roommate Andrew took all the kids out for a bit whilst I had a nap. He had to actually tell me he was doing this (and tell me to have a nap!) I was too out of whack to realize I needed it. Thank God for friends, family and other assorted angels who keep us from our own stupidity at times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is primarily a "guy thing". We are socialized to be the strong ones and we often don't take time to rest and recharge...I'm guilty of this myself. When you see your friend stumbling around in profound fatigue, however, you have to step in ;)